Saturday, August 18, 2012

A Place to Call Our Own

In March this year we finally moved into our own home. After many open homes and lots of real estate agents we finally had a place to call our own. A home.

I shared some pictures of the house (before we moved in) way back here. I thought it would be fun to share some updated pictures with our things as we continue to make the place ours. There's lots of space on the walls still and I am looking forward to filling it with art and things. Call it a work in progress!

First room on the home tour is our room. The master bedroom.


The mendocino quilt still takes pride of place.


Gorgeous french doors that lead to nowhere.


His n her wardrobes - a dream come true! Mine also houses the stash.


Our room is perfect. Nicely painted with gorgeous windows and lots of natural light. The curtains are tasteful and the wardrobes make me happy. So does that chest of drawers. It's definitely the best bedroom I've ever had! Well worth the wait.

Next up on the house tour will be Gus' bedroom... I'll aim for the same time next week (but don't hold your breath!).

Happy sewing x

4 comments:

  1. Love your room - I'd personally probably steal both the wardrobes and give hubby a wee slither but I'm like that. Love the built in storage and french doors

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous and so neat and tidy... mine looks cluttered next to yours Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely room Lara! Love the french doors and double wardrobes. Your pinwheel quilt looks very much at home too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bedroom is gorgeous! Grey and white is so elegant. Love the french doors and the chair, and of course the quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my small part of the web! Please leave a comment so I know that you have been :)