Sunday, October 28, 2012

A little of Ollie and Gus

Posts have been pretty infrequent here lately... what between Ollie, Gus, Pepper, the DH, work, the house and everything else in between, we've been keeping pretty busy over here.

There have been some pretty big milestones in our home this past month too. Our little Ollie celebrated his fifth birthday (in Star Wars style) and started school. I was a teary mess the months leading up to his birthday, but by the time he turned five and started school I was more than ready for it!

So here's some photo updates from the past month or so...

 Lovely cake made by my DH and decorated by my SIL.


The Darth Vadar of all frowns going on behind that mask...

 
I bought these awesome printable masks from here... The kids loved them!

 
Ollie

 
Gus

 
Climbing trees. So happy to have a yard with trees that they can climb :)

 
Ready for school... Gus was a little bit sad to be loosing his daycare buddy.

 
The short walk to school (it's at the top of our street).
 
 
Oliver is loving school and making us very proud. Gus has settled well into being at daycare on his own too. It's the first time in his entire life he hasn't been with Ollie every day so it was a bit of an adjustment (probably more so for my mindset than anything else).
 
And here's a couple of pic's of Pepper...
 
 
She's getting really big and very tall. She weighs more than Ollie now!

 
She went to daycare to visit the children too - they loved her!
 
 
She's much better now that her canines are all through and her baby teeth are long gone! No more nipping at everything (including humans!). Full of beans and energy though! I'm walking her everyday sometimes twice as well as a lot of playing fetch or puppy in the middle.


Thanks for sticking with me to the end of this photo update. I can't believe it's November next week! We'll be celebrating our second wedding anniversary and from therein it won't be long before it's Christmas. I'll post back with some Christmas sewing updates (hopefully in the next week - but don't hold your breath waiting!).

Happy sewing!

5 comments:

  1. So sweet those school pics - always thought the school/birthday thing was a bit strange in NZ - here, anyone who will turn 5 in the school year (1st Sept-31st Aug) starts at the beginning of September, the littlest ones will have only just turned 4!
    Can't believe this year has flown by; I can remember your honeymoon post! Still jealous! Congratulations xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember sending my last baby off to school, I was a mess, but she insisted on going on the bus like her older siblings. Before the bus arrived though she turned to me and said..."It's Ok Mum I will be home tonight, you can go inside now and make yourself a cuppa tea!" That was when I really burst into tears! Lol That was 7 years ago... hmm perhaps I better go make myself another cup of tea...
    But before I do congratulations on your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing a slice of your life with us! Your sons are absolutely adorable and I so understand one missing the other. We had our boys home together for at least a year before one or the other went off to daycare and then school. HUGE adjustment!

    Blessings and hope today is a good one for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I never thought of it that wayGood Read for sure
    Many thanks for posting this, It?s simply what I was researching for on bing. I?d rather a lot relatively hear opinions from a person, barely than an organization internet web page, that?s why I like blogs so significantly. Many thanks!
    Top Ten Web Hosting Reviews

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my small part of the web! Please leave a comment so I know that you have been :)