Saturday, July 18, 2009

Not a good start....

I didn't really have a good start to this whole blogging thing did I? I make one post and then drop off the face of the earth. Unfortunately I came down with the flu... not so nice! I think that has got to be one of the hardest things about parenting - no sick leave! You can't just curl up in bed and feel miserable. You have to get up. You have to keep going. You have to be a mum and do mum things. Like cooking and cleaning. It stops for no one. And washing. It is never ending!

This week has gone by quickly too! It started out very productive! I was on a roll and was very proud :) Then reality set in on Wednesday - my first day looking after my nephew James. 3 boys under 2. All the boys are exactly 9 months apart and it is amazing how much 9 months makes with their physical and mental development!

I did however manage to knock one item off my list and in time for James' birthday party on Sunday! Although I must confess it was a made dash to the end and I took the cheats way out and made bias binding...



It is hopelessly flawed but the fabric was quite forgiving!! It was my first time machine quilting something this big and it affirmed my decision to get the boys Monkey n Round quilts professionally quilted. It also made me realise that I need to take a class on the best way to baste and machine quilt... so I am looking into that!

Good progess is also being made on the boys Monkey n Round quilts... I am hoping to have the tops finished by the end of the month as I am on a roll! Here's a sneak peek...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my small part of the web! Please leave a comment so I know that you have been :)