I am not so sure I am that deserving of this award... but I will play along all the same :)
The rules of accepting are
- Thank the person who nominated you - Thanks again Catherine!
- Share 7 things about yourself. I apologise to all in advance!
- Pass the award onto 5 bloggers who you recently discovered and think are fantastic.
- Contact the bloggers you've nominated and let them know about the award.
So here goes... seven things about me. Thankfully the rules didn't say seven interesting things because I am not really that interesting!!
- I am not a particularly traditional kinda girl and will pretty much break every tradition when my DP and I get married later this year in November. Short dress. No real formality apart from the service. No walking down the aisle. Photo's before not after. No bridal party or bridal table. I just want to keep it nice n easy!
- I left school at the end of 6th Form to work for a Bank to save money to study nursing. I never did quite make it to study nursing and have been working for the Bank ever since. I still hope to study nursing at some point when the boys are at school. I hope to be a paediatric nurse.
- I am the proverbial black sheep of my family.
- I try but I am a hopeless baker. My baking often tastes better than it looks though! Fortunately my SIL is a very good baker and saves my bacon with baking yummy cakes etc.
- I don't really have a favourite colour. If you were to look in my wardrobe you'd think it was black but really I love to use colour practically everywhere else. I especially love to use red in quilts. I don't know why but it makes them look so rich.
- If you asked the DP what my signature dish was he'd tell you it's schnitzel. I love the humble simplicity of making it from scratch and it is a family favourite. It's just a pity it makes so many dishes!!
- And finally my favourtie all time TV series is Felicity. I cried when it went off air. But made up for it and bought the box set.
So there you go. I told you I wasn't really that interesting!
And now to nominate some lovely bloggers...
- Susanne and Alisa from Making More with Less - great ideas for thrifty threads and baby shower gifts!!
- Lynz from Domestic Light & Magic - she has been making some very pretty quilts and has the cutest daughter.
- Susan from Flossie Blossoms - she's so very clever!
- Karen from Urban Craft - she makes felt so very intersting! Love!
- Viv from Highway Cottage - another clever quilting Kiwi!
My little Gus turns ONE this Thursday. I can not believe how quickly this past year has gone! We had a wee party for him yesterday and like most little babies didn't seem to really know what all the fuss was about.