Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Baby Love


I mentioned the other day that we have a few friends expecting at the moment. The other weekend I went to my friend Lizzie's baby shower. I made this quilt for her baby to be nicknamed Skittles.


Can you see the cute monkey quilting? I used some Lightning Bugs for the back and some Freckles for binding. All from my stash! Boom!


This quilt is going to wing it's way to the UK. Close friends of ours welcomed a little boy. Zachary Leon. 9lbs and pure sweetness and all things adorable.


I used up my remaining dots for the backing and love that it's reversible. I used the same Freckles binding.


And next Friday we're having a little baby shower for one of the DH's workmates. She's expecting a little girl. I used a Bliss charm pack for the quilt top and backed the quilt in a sweet pick all over print from the range and also bound the quilt in pink too!


I hope she'll like it!

And here's the owner of the small feet pictured above. He just keeps on getting cuter and cuter. And bigger and bigger. He really is an endless source cuddles and kisses. Love him!

These 3 quilts bring my total of finished quilts year to date to 9!!! Woop Woop! And... I have been working at finishing up a few other projects too! I have one more quilt waiting to be quilted and another top requiring two more rows! Once it's completed, I plan to tackle Oliver's Single Boy quilt and hope to have it finished in time for his fifth birthday in September!

And in other news, Pepper arrives in 5 sleeps! One handful! I hope to whip up a welcome quilt between now and then for her too - so I had better get sewing.

Happy Sewing! x

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy the last of your peaceful nights!!
    Great quilts xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so cute...i really love the back of the one with the great white square in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They do keep growing and growing... I tried not to feed mine, didn't work Lol Just kidding! But sometimes I wonder how much I could save on my grocery bill if we didn't have to eat! ;O)
    You have been quite productive and put me to shame, I have only finished little projects so far this year... I do have an almost finished quilt though I just have to pick up form the LAQ :O) Your quilts are just gorgeous, perfect for an new baby! I am sure they will be loved and cherished...:O)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my small part of the web! Please leave a comment so I know that you have been :)