Thursday, October 15, 2009

Blogger's Quilt Festival... My far from perfect entry

The very lovely Amy over at Park City Girl is hosting a Blogger's Quilt Festival. I have loved looking through the entries! So much talent and inspiration! Thank goodness we increased our broadband :)

I really wanted to take part in this years fun - but I have only really been quilting since July this year... so I have lots of finished quilt tops but not many finished quilts! Something I hope to change come next years festival!

My far from perfect entry is a wee table topper I made using the very talented John from Quilt Dad's first (of what I hope will be many) tutorial on the Moda Bake Shop.




This table topper was made for my Mum who celebrated 36 years of marriage this week. I made a resolution at the start of the year to try make as many gifts as humanly possible... I love giving handmade gifts. They seem to be soaked in LOVE.

It is far from perfect but 'happiness filled'. Growing up my Mum always answered "How are you?" with "happiness filled" - and the colours in the Sweet range by Moda are just that for me... the soft pinks also reminded me of her yummy marshmallow slice :)Something I have missed since moving out of home!

It is hopelessly flawed but made with love and although it is not as perfect as I would've hoped for her, I hope she'll love it all the same. I kept reminding myself that this is the same woman who displayed my mac n glitter magnets until I was 17 (LOL).

As a novice - I appreciate all the help and advice I can get and John's tutorial was awesome! I still managed to make a couple of mistakes but I learnt a lot!! And as you can no doubt tell - I am no photographer either! hehe

Thanks so much Amy for organising this awesome festival!

9 comments:

  1. I think it is lovely. You're getting off to a much better start than I did :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done! Thanks for sharing.Marika

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's beautiful. I love your use of color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! The recipients of your handmade gifts are lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, I think you did a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I think it's gorgeous and I also think you are much to hard on yourself! You should be rejoicing that you made this lovely runner out of scraps of fabric! Hey, we started blogging at the same time!! Fun isn't it!
    Take care!
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  7. don't apologize...this is beautiful. it is a great entry and a wonderful gift for your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt just fine, beautiful too...I like the colors :)
    Hope you will make more and more quilt. I also new in this 'world'

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my small part of the web! Please leave a comment so I know that you have been :)