Saturday, October 24, 2009

Do you ever have those days...

when you spend half the morning looking for your keys? Only to find them still swinging in the door from your first excursion for the day? Or when you stand in line after entering your PIN, and wonder 'what number did I just put in?' while you wait for it to accept? Or those days when you arrive somewhere and you can't for the life of you remember how you got there? You'd be on automatic the entire time?

I have those days often. They often become those weeks. But yesterdays act of stupidity sure exceeded all others!

I met a friend in town for lunch yesterday. We were long overdue for a good ol' girly catch up! I parked outside the daycare where my two little boys will be starting back very soon because I needed to pick up their new enrollment packs after lunch. I parked, paid the metre, set up the buggy and strapped the boys in, locked the car and off we went.

Lunch was lovely. I always like ending the week with something fun like lunching with a friend. Exactly 45 minutes later I arrived back at our car to find Oliver's door wide open! My heart skipped a beat thinking our car had been broken into (not that there is anything of any value in there!). But as I got closer and checked the car over - nothing was missing - it became very apparent that I had left the door OPEN. What an idiot! Fortunately everything was still in its place and the rain had only just begun to spit a wee bit!

Do you ever have days like that?? Done anything super silly? Please share. I would LOVE to know that I am not the only one whose brain is disconnected from the rest of my body every so often!

x L

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lara, Thanks for sharing your funny story, you were lucky your car was still there!! Yes I definitely do have days like that and often. The last thing I can remember doing something particularly stupid was this. I had been on a LONG cycle training ride, got home had a shower and got straight into my PJ's because I was so exhausted. Later on that night I was getting ready for bed and couldn't for the life of me find my PJ's!! Doh I was already wearing them!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my small part of the web! Please leave a comment so I know that you have been :)