Saturday, January 15, 2011

Preserved Lemons & Lemon Curd



This afternoon I got busy with my Make. Bake. Craft. Create gifting theme. It's the MIL's birthay on Monday followed by a SIL's birthday on Tuesday.

I made preserved lemons and lemon curd to give to my MIL. I've hand written some little recipes out too... The SIL just wants cash for to buy a new TV so we'll put in towards that.

Tonight's dinner was a bit of a culinary disaster though... Do you ever make things for the first time and then wonder why you bothered? I made a spin on Beef Stroganoff tonight and it was terrible. Oliver even said so! Oliver "I'm so disappointed Mum." Me "Why?" Oliver "Because this dinner is horrible" Me too Ollie. Me too. The recipe made a huge quantity - enough for another night but I don't think I can bring myself to use it!

I should collect my machine this Tuesday. I can not wait! I am so desperate to get sewing again. I am very motivated to finish Gus' new hexagon quilt - especially as I bought him a new big boys bed this week! And I bought Oliver bunk beds! An expensive but exciting delivery week. I am in the process of selling Gus' cot. My little boy really is growing up!

Don't you love it when they get their own little sense of humour? Gus came running out of Oliver's room the other morning with his pants on his head. He thought it was extremely funny. So did we.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Check back tomorrow for details of the giveaway :)

3 comments:

  1. Yum lemon curd and preserved lemons! Sounds like a lovely gift. Yes I've been there with the making of something for dinner that I thought would be really nice but was the complete opposite and like you had more than enough for 2 more nights dinners. I guess that's how we learn, from our mistakes that is. Gus looks like a real little mischief maker,so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lemon curd sounds so good...what do you do or make with the preserved lemon? i have never seen that

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww cute I remember when my kids used to be that little...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my small part of the web! Please leave a comment so I know that you have been :)