Amy from Park City Girl has organised a recipe swap... Here is what's cooking at our place tonight! I am looking forward to adding to my recipe book with everyone else's lovely kitchen creations!
This is an adapted Alison Holst recipe. There's no precooking which means little work and reduced dishes :) Everyone seems to love this recipe - kidlets and parents.
500g minced beef
2 gloves fresh chopped garlic
1 tsp each of basil and oregano
1 packet of tomato soup mix (about 45g)
1 can tomato puree
2 tsp instant beef stock
1 1/2 cups of hot (not boiling) water
1 pack of instant lasagne sheets
1 1/2 cups of grated cheese
1 pottle of cottage cheese with chives
1. Preheat oven to 180 deg C
2. Measure the first 7 ingredients into a bowl and mix. Add hot water and mix with a potato masher.
3. Spray lasagne dish with non stick spray.
4. Spread 1/3 of meat mixture evenly, sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese, then layer lasagne sheets. Repeat.
5. Spread remaining 1/3 of meat, following by layer of cottage cheese with chives. Sprinkle remaining cheese.
6. Bake uncovered for 1 hour. Leave to stand for 15 - 30 minutes before cutting into squares.
Serve with a fresh salad and garlic bread or steamed vege's and enjoy :)